Dandruff, also known as seborrheic dermatitis is a common scalp disorder. It can occur due to dry skin, irritated oily skin, growth of bacteria and fungus on the scalp, inflammatory skin conditions and other such factors. It causes itchiness along with excessive formation of dry skin flakes on the scalp.
Try these six tips to get rid from Dandruff.
- Wash your hair often. Shampooing helps get rid of the oily buildup on your scalp that can lead to dandruff. Some people should wash their hair every day to prevent oily buildup.
- Try a shampoo that has dandruff-fighting ingredients. It can prevent some of the inflammation that leads to flakiness, redness, and itchiness.
- Don’t use lots of hair products. They can leave a buildup on your scalp and make your dandruff worse.
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods such as fruits, vegetables, and fish. Taking vitamins may help, too. Vitamin B, omega-3 fatty acids, and zinc can help inflammatory skin problems like dandruff.
- Try to ease the stress in your life. Stress can make almost any skin condition worse. Managing your stress will make you feel better and may also help your dandruff.
- Stay away from skin care and hair products that moisturize. They can make your condition worse. When you have dandruff, your scalp is usually oily, not dry.