Masturbation and it’s positive & negative side effects
What is Masturbation ?
Masturbation is the sexual stimulation of one’s own genitals for sexual arousal or other sexual pleasure, usually to the point of orgasm.
The stimulation may involve hands, fingers, everyday objects, sex toys or combinations of these. Mutual masturbation, mutual manual stimulation of the genitals between partners, can be a substitute for sexual penetration. Studies have found that masturbation is frequent in humans of both sexes and all ages, although there is variation. Various medical and psychological benefits have been attributed to a healthy attitude toward sexual activity in general and to masturbation in particular. No causal relationship is known between masturbation and any form of mental or physical disorder.
Masturbation is in-built in men and women practice it coyly. But you can’t escape masturbation, it is part of life. There are certain facts and rumours in-relation to masturbation that you cannot avoid.
Masturbation has positive side effects that you will agree too:
– Relief through ejaculation
– Climax for fun and pleasure
– Induces sleep
– Relaxes you
– Eases tension
It is important to be gentle on your genitals to avoid sores and help you get back to normalcy.
There are few negative effects of masturbation, these are:
– Masturbation lowers sperm count, reduces your chance of conceiving.
– Frequent masturbation will take longer to satisfy you and for you to ejaculate. Space it out.
– If your hands are rough, your genitals will have scratches.
– Vigourous movements will cause swelling too.
– Social stigma on the act of masturbation can lower your morale.
Myths on masturbation:
– You will not grow hairy palms when you masturbate.
– Nor will you develop acne for masturbation.
– There is lack of evidence that regular ejaculation will affect your erection.
Masturbation is a wonderful thing and one of the greatest gifts you can offer yourself. There are positives and negatives to everything in life: sex, singlehood, driving a car, being in a relationship, and working. We have to make sure the good outweighs the bad to find happiness.